Registered auditor – Prolegis
Prolegis Lawyers is a specialist law firm that exclusively advises clients around Australia and overseas in relation to the charity, not-for-profit and philanthropic sectors. Prolegis is recognised by Chambers and Partners as a ‘Band 1’ firm in the area of charity law.
Prolegis have a dedicated safeguarding team that provides assistance to charities and not-for-profits that provide services to vulnerable people.
We have relevant experience in the field of child safety, including:
• conducting policy and procedure reviews for environmental organisations involved in protest movements of school children
• designing and implementing child safety frameworks to assist schools comply with child protection legislation
• undertaking national reviews and audits for large federated bodies providing services to children
• assisting schools respond to reportable conduct matters, as well as assisting them with their statutory reporting obligations
• working with technology providers to develop innovative child safety systems to be deployed by charities and not-for-profits
• acting for large institutions before public inquiries including:
o the Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse
o the Royal Commission into Aged Care Quality and Safety
Key contact: Sam Burnett, Senior Associate