National Redress Scheme
The National Redress Scheme is in response to the Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse. The Scheme provides support to people who experienced institutional child sexual abuse.
- acknowledges that many children were sexually abused in Australian institutions,
- holds institutions accountable for this abuse, and
- helps people who have experienced institutional child sexual abuse gain access to counselling, a direct personal response, and a Redress payment.
Applications for the National Redress Scheme can be made from 1 July 2018.
You can choose to apply if you:
- experienced institutional child sexual abuse before 1 July 2018, and
- are aged over 18 or will turn 18 before 30 June 2028, and
- are an Australian citizen or permanent resident, and
- are applying about an institution that has joined the National Redress Scheme, and
- apply between 1 July 2018 and 30 June 2027.
1800 737 377 Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm (local time), excluding public holidays
To find out more about the National Redress Scheme, including application details, free support and resources, visit the Redress Scheme website.